Friday 19 September 2014

First week SLOG and also my first ever blog post!

So starting this course was rather exciting; I hadn't really had any ideas about what we would be learning in this course but after these two weeks I found it quite interesting. During just the first week I was already confused about the usage of the any and all methods - err I'm sorry, I probably meant functions...in python as I hadn't ever encountered them before. I spent probably about a tad bit less than an hour going through the slides and thinking each one through before moving on to the next. I then decided to look through python's api and it wasn't until I saw the code that I understood it much more clearly.

Note to myself and anyone else interested: Break everything down into the bare bones and then work your way back up and it'll contribute so much more to your understanding.

Next, during the second week I believe, though it is likely that I am wrong, were quantifiers, implications, converses, just to name a few off the top of my head. Now these weren't too difficult to grasp as I had already struggled with this in MAT137; although it was nice to hear these used in 'words' instead of being solely represented using mathematical symbols.

Anyway here's my first blog post, I do hope that I don't leave out too much or too little. My reticence, especially with writing long posts online, will most likely become apparent but hopefully will change over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment